Chicken Soup For Job Seekers
Do you want to change jobs but don’t know how to do it? Are you hesitating between waiting for your dream job or accepting the first one that comes your way? Or are you fresher and aligning yourself with what your parents want you to be instead of what you want to be? If this is the kind of situation you find yourself in, the next few minutes will help you get a clearer picture. Here’s our bowl of chicken soup for the job seeker’s soul. keep reading…
Searching for a job today is almost a job in itself because you are spending a lot of your time and effort on it. Enthusiasm, excitement, anxiety, frustration, and depression – these are all phases one encounters during a job search. The key point is to take this phase positively and persevere until you land that pot of gold at the end of your job search: your dream job. In today’s cut-throat work environment, looking for a job isn’t just about working hard, it’s about working smart.
So, to stay ahead of the pack, here are some tips from the team at Naukri.com, India’s No.1 job portal:
1) Set your priorities well -Don’t make a decision by simply imitating your friends, batch mates, or relying on word of mouth. Be aware of what is really important to you and what is not, because once you have set your priorities, things will automatically start to fall into place.
2) Resume writing – Employers are busy people and hardly spend more than 30-45 seconds on a resume when they have 500 more to scan. They are not interested in your whole story as they just want to know what you are best at. So, make your resume to the point and clearly display your key skills. In fact, some recruiters prefer single page resumes.
try the Summary of services provided by our advisers at Naukri.com.
3) Self-marketing is the key – When you are applying for a job, you are actually selling yourself. Therefore, sound confident, positive, and persuasive during an interview, but DO NOT exaggerate about his accomplishments.
4) Knowledge of your field – It is very important to know your field thoroughly. Refresh your knowledge on who’s who in the field, current trends, competition, do’s and don’ts, etc. Stay on top of the latest developments by keeping your eyes and ears open.
5) Job search tools – You can start your job search by scanning newspaper classifieds, talking to employment advisors, and logging on to top-tier job websites. Be consistent in your search, spend enough time on it, and follow up with the companies you’ve applied to.
For a job search on the Internet and for Jobs in India you can log in http://www.naukri.com and consult the vacancies available in your field of specialization.
6) Networks – It pays to meet people in high places. Or in the world of a “people in the right place” job seeker. Networking is an important tool that can help you tremendously during your job search. Track down friends or contacts at the organization you want to be in, talk to them, and they just might open new doors for your dream job.
7) Be patient – ‘Patience is a virtue’. Being desperate and anxious doesn’t help much, it can actually ruin your job search. If this is your first step towards your career, think before you take each step. Don’t feel inferior just because you’re new, after all, you’ll spend time, energy and intelligence on the company that hires you. Don’t forget the fact that other employees can’t match a cool’s energy level.
If you’re already working somewhere, don’t quit just because you’re not happy. You are marketable because you are already working with a company and have added work experience and value to your resume. So, wait a while.
Naukri.com is an Indian career website that serves as a job exchange forum for employers, placement agencies and job seekers. Initiated by Info Edge (India) Pvt. Ltd., Naukri.com began trading in October 1997 and has since served over 25,000 recruiting companies through its database.
Traffic growth on this website is 20 to 25 percent every quarter and it is currently the #1 job site in traffic ranking according to Alexa. So far it has a database of 4.5 million resumes and receives between 8,500 and 10,000 registrations daily.
For more information go to naukri.com.